Sectors: Economy - Finances, Industry, Innovation, New technologies, Research, Services
Regions: Candidate countries, Developing countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Mediterranean countries, New Independant States, Switzerland
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The Prize for Women Innovators is aimed at increasing public awareness of this issue and encouraging women to exploit the commercial and business opportunities offered by their research projects and become entrepreneurs.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Expected results: To target women who have benefited from EU research and innovation programmes and who have combined their scientific excellence with an aptitude for business in setting up innovative enterprises
– Expected impact: to boost the public awareness of the potential, importance and contribution of women researchers to entrepreneurship; to encourage entrepreneurial women to become innovators; to help achieving the objectives of the Europe 2020 strategy
– The originality and marketability of the developed product or service provided by the company of the candidate
– The economic impact: The economic impact of a product or service of the company for Europe is measured by the number of countries where the product or service is sold, and by the size of the turnover achieved with this service or product in 2013 and 2014
– The high scientific content of the innovation: the contestant must have been involved in the research and innovation activities connected to the origin of the product or service provided by the company she has founded or co-founded.
– The societal impact: the societal impact of a product or service of the company for Europe is defined by the potential of the service or product to help Europe address a grand societal challenges