Sectors: Education - Training, Innovation, New technologies, Research, Transport
Beneficiaries: Corporations, Research centres, SMEs, Universities
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: HALA! PhD Selection Committee
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to select and co-fund a PhD project in the fields of ‘Automation in Air Traffic Management’.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To gather research and innovation in automation in ATM under a common research network to better exploit the European research potential
– To create closer integration and organisation of the research and technology arenas by offering better framework conditions for European ATM research
– To facilitate innovation, knowledge generation and application to address the challenges of future ATM
Suggested PhD research topic
– Any topic under in the area of ‘Automation in Air Traffic Management’
Among indicative research areas
– 4D Trajectory management: defining, prototyping and validating a common Trajectory Management and Prediction framework
– Advanced DSTs: defining, prototyping and validating advanced Decision Support Tools (DST) for airborne and ground systems
– Network Centric ATM Services: defining, prototyping and validating a new operational concept in where different ATM services are centralized
– UAS in controlled airspace: defining, prototyping and validating a futuristic operational concept that considers the integration of UAS (unmanned aerial systems) in a managed airspace under TBO (trajectory-based operations)