Sectors: Innovation, Justice - Security, Research
Beneficiaries: Agencies Chambers, Corporations, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, SMEs, Training centres, Universities
Regions: European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
On the one hand this call targets the development of technologies and capabilities which are
required to enhance systems, equipment, tools, processes, and methods for rapid
identification to improve border security. On the other hand this call focuses on new technologies, capabilities and solutions which are required to support the Union’s external security policies.
Priorities and funded actions:
This call is divided into topics:
* Maritime border
– Topic 1: radar systems for the surveillance of coastal and pre-frontier areas and in support of search and rescue operations
– Topic 2: affordable and easily deployable technologies for EU coastal border surveillance with reduced impact on the environment
– Topic 3: Light optionally piloted vehicles (and sensors) for maritime surveillance
– Topic 4: Detection of low flying aircraft at near shore air space
*Border crossing points
– Topic 1: Novel mobility concepts for land border security
– Topic 2: Exploring new modalities in biometric based border checks
– Topic 3: Optimization of border control processes and planning
* Supply Chain security
– Topic 1: Development of an enhanced non-intrusive (stand-off) scanner
* Information management
– Topic 1: Civilian humanitarian mission personnel tracking
– Topic 2: Information management, systems and infrastructure for civilian EU External Actions
*Conflict prevention and peace building
– Topic 2: Training curricula for Conflict Prevention and Peace Building personnel
Among financed actions
– Research and Innovation Actions
– Coordination and Support Actions