Sectors: Health, Industry, Innovation, New technologies, Public Management, Research, SME Policy
Beneficiaries: Corporations, Research centres, SMEs, Training centres, Universities
Regions: Balkans, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Mediterranean countries, New Independant States, Switzerland
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
* Mediterranean countries: Israel
* European economic area: Norway, Iceland
* New Independant States: Moldova
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to involve a broader range of partners from different sectors in order to advance the development of new approaches and technologies for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases with high impact on public health.
Priorities and funded actions:
This call for proposals has two topics
– Topic 1: Translational approaches to disease modifying therapy of Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus (T1DM) (17 630 000 euro)
– Topic 2: Discovery and validation of novel endpoints in dry age-related macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy (7 000 000 euro)
* Topic 1
– To significantly progress the understanding of the T1DM disease and its patients by bringing together leading clinicians and researcher from the areas of Immunology, Beta cell biology, and biomarker research from academia and industry
* Topic 2
– To evaluate novel endpoint candidates for dry AMD and DR for use in clinical trials investigating drug or other therapies
Among financed actions
– Research and Innovation action (basic and applied research, technology development and integration, testing and validation on a small-scale prototype in a laboratory or simulated environment)