Sectors: Citizenship, Innovation, Public Management, Town planning
Beneficiaries: Local and Regional authorities
Regions: European Union
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
* EU Member States
* H2020 associated countries
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
Horizon 2020 – The European Capital of Innovation Award (iCapital) – 2020
Funds for: raising awareness about the benefits of urban innovation ‘with’ and ‘for’ the citizens, supporting cities in addressing relevant societal challenges, and strengthening their urban resilience
Priorities and funded actions:
* Experimenting – innovative concepts, processes, tools, and governance models proving the city’s commitment to act as a test-bed for innovative practices, and ensuring mainstreaming of these practices into the urban development process;
* Engaging – increasing opportunities for a broader range of citizens and ensuring uptake of their ideas;
* Expanding – outlining the city’s potential to attract new talent, resources, funding, investments, and to become a role model for other cities;
* Empowering – concrete and measurable impact directly connected to the implementation of innovative practices
– Cities must be located in one of the EU Member States or in a country associated to Horizon 2020;
– Cities must have a population above 100 000 inhabitants. In countries where there are no such cities, the biggest city is eligible;
– Winners of former European Capital of Innovation Awards contests are not eligible. This does not apply to runner-up and finalist cities