Sectors: Environment, Innovation, Research
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Corporations, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, SMEs, Training centres, Universities
Category: Call for proposals
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The objective of this prize is to enhance the CO2 emission reduction of CO2 utilisation products so they make a genuine contribution to the European Union’s emission reduction targets.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To develop a product demonstrating, over the duration of the contest, significant and measurable improvements in the mass of CO2 utilised in it while overcoming technical, commercial and/or financial barriers
– Efforts shall be replicable and scalable in order that the processes and products can be rolled out in the future
– To accelerate innovation in CO2 utilisation technologies, also in SMEs
– To facilitate discovering the real potential of CO2 utilisation to contribute to climate mitigation
– To increase transparency about technology readiness, barriers, costs, environmental performance and innovation needs
– To increase leverage of private finance for innovation
– To provide with new business models and value chains in the CO2 utilisation sector.
– Improvement in net CO2 emissions
– Demonstrated effort to overcome barriers
– Exploitation plans
– Environmental impacts and sustainability