Sectors: Citizenship, Education - Training, Youth
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Candidate countries, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
IAP II – Support to Combating Discrimination by Improving Inclusiveness in Compulsory Education – EU supported scholarship programme – 2020
Funds for: advancing full and equal access of children from disadvantaged and vulnerable groups into quality education and training
Priorities and funded actions:
* To support, by means of a scholarship programme, children with disabilities into education;
* To encourage and secure attendance of children with disabilities to primary school and increase their individual levels of social inclusion, social and educational development (the quality of teaching service and educational support);
* To increase school enrolment numbers of children with disabilities;
* To reduce drop-out levels of children with disabilities;
* To support primary schools to more effectively support access to quality education of children with disabilities
* To increase the number of enrolment in primary education and regular school attendance of children, girls and boys, with disabilities as well as the quality of education they receive in an inclusive environment
Among financed actions
* Establishment and operationalization of the scholarship programme, including training, capacity building, mentoring of third party grantees, evidence-based verification of eligibility and monitoring of implementation of the Scholarship Programme, awareness-raising and visibility actions;
* Technical assistance to schools to increase the accessibility and capacities of schools, school directors and teachers to successfully support the enrolment, regular attendance and inclusion of children with disabilities into primary school education
* Allocation of individual scholarships for children’s participation in primary education;
* Operations/actions concerned with improving the capacity of inclusion teams, school directors and teachers in working with children with disabilities in primary schools;
* Participating school grants for upgrading of infrastructure and/ or purchasing of equipment, technical assistance devices for and in educational facilities to obtain better and improved accessibility for children with disabilities;
* providing support to and mentoring of teachers working with students and parents in carrying out formative assessments or targeted/tailored instruction for children and students;
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: between 32 and 36 months
– Be a legal person;
– Be non-profit-making;
– Be established at least 2 years before the call is launched in the Republic of North Macedonia or in a Member State of the European Union or in another eligible country;
– The lead applicant must act together with a minimum of one co-applicant and a maximum of two co-applicants
– Actions must take place in the Republic of North Macedonia