Sectors: Co-op & Development, Health, Humanitarian
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
* Other eligible nationalities: see Articles 20 and 22 (Annex a2a and a2b of the PRAG) of Annex IV/Revised in 2010 of the Cotonou Agreement
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
ICD – The implementation of sanitation in rural areas through the promotion of the ATPC Approach in the framework of the SAN water sanitation and hygiene component – 2020
Funds for: contribution to the access to basic sanitation conditions and promotion of good hygiene practices to the populations of the intervention zone with a view to reducing chronic malnutrition
Priorities and funded actions:
* Reduce the rate of open defecation and maintain the status of end of open defecation (FDAL) at the level of villages and schools that benefit from new and/or rehabilitated water facilities within the framework of the SAN program
* Awareness raising and support of the population for the implementation of the Chad road map without open defecation by 2030 and the guidelines of the decree 060/MEA/SG/DGHA/DA/2017 and its tools by following the three main phases (departure phase, arrival phase and stabilization phase);
* Promotion of positive behavioural change among the entire population for the use of hygienic latrines and hand washing with soap;
* Elimination of open defecation in all schools and villages in the SAN intervention area
Among financed actions
* Actions contributing to the eradication of open defecation in target villages through the ATPC approach;
* Actions contributing to the eradication of the practice of open defecation in schools in the target villages, through the ATPE approaches in relation to the Water, Sanitation, Hygiene in Schools and Communities Modules, and the guidelines for the management and maintenance of school sanitary blocks
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: between 34 and 36 months
– Be a legal person;
– Be a non-profit entity;
– Belong to one of the following categories of organizations: non-governmental organization, public sector operator, local authority, international (intergovernmental) organization;
– Be established in a Member State of the European Union or ACP and other eligible nationalities (including Southern Sudan)