Sectors: Co-op & Development, Public Management, Trade
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Corporations, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, SMEs, Universities
Regions: Asia, Developing countries, European Union, Gulf countries, Latin America
Category: Call fo proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Gulf Countries: Iran, Iraq, Yemen
Africa: South Africa
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The aim of this call for proposals is to establish a European Chamber of Commerce in Myanmar in order to increase and diversify exports and investment of EU businesses, in particular SMEs, to the country, and to the ASEAN Economic Community.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To significantly increase the presence of European businesses in Myanmar
– To promote Myanmar as a high-potential trade and investment partner and gateway to the ASEAN regional market among European companies, in particular SMEs, established in Europe or already operating in other SEA markets
– To seek positive and lasting change in domestic economic governance particularly with respect to EU strategic priorities in the domain of sustainable development
– Establishment of the European Chamber of Commerce in Myanmar (ECCM) as a membership-based organisation, open to any European interest-driven business or company and managed by its own elected governing bodies representing and elected by all of its members, with the aim of becoming financially sustainable once EU funding finishes
– Provision to European companies of a well-informed and well-connected first entry point
– Existence of an effective and visible European, business-driven platform that channels concerns from European businesses, and provides recommendations, expertise and proposals, to the Myanmar authorities and the Republic of the Union of Myanmar Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry
– Targeted and effective outreach activities for the dissemination of business-relevant information and intelligence, improved knowledge of the potential of the Myanmar (and of the AEC) market among European companies, with a focus on SMEs, whether they are based in Europe or in the South-East Asia (SEA) region
– Strengthened intra- and inter-regional links and coordination on advocacy, outreach in Europe, and business support services
Among financed actions
– Legal establishment of the “European Chamber of Commerce in Myanmar (ECCM)” under Myanmar’s law
– Setting up and maintaining an interactive, web-based portal operating as a single, costeffective “First-Entry Information” European focal point
– At the premises of the ECCM, to provide short-term office space to European SMEs
– Setting up Help Desk functions
– Dialogue and advocacy with Myanmar counterparts on administrative aspects of market
access and local policy/regulatory measures at their drafting stage
– Drafting and submission of positions/views on laws/standards