Sectors: Co-op & Development, Information, Innovation, Public Management, Research, Trade
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Universities
Regions: European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Worldwide: This call for proposals is open to organisations that comply with the eligiblity criteria established in the European Union or in a country that falls within the scope of the Instrument for cooperation with industrialised and other high-income countries. The list of countries covered by the Instrument is availeble in Annex I of Regulation (EC) 1934/2006 for industrialised countries and Regulation (EU) 1338/2011 for developpig countries
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to increase and diversify the European Union’s economic presence in Latin America by implementing the Component 2 of ELAN through a grant contract.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To establish an institutional network of European and Latin American knowledge and innovation centres for the exchange of knowledge and technology transfer, focusing on specific areas that offer a particular potential for the use of European applied research
Proposals must focus on at least three sectors listed three of the sectors mentioned hereafter:
– Renewable energies
– Biotechnology and the Bio economy
– Environmental technologies
– Information and communication technologies
– New materials
Among financed actions
– Mapping of needs and identification of innovation actors: gathering of information and analysis on the need of European industry for entering into innovation collaboration with Latin-American partners, identification of the current innovation support schemes and initiatives in specific LA countries
– Best practices for promoting innovation, technology transfer and effective transitional research: Identify the environment for financial support along the innovation cycle
– Organization of joint activities in thematic areas of interest encouraging strategic partnerships: organise brokerage events to showcase technologies that have made the transition from research to industry through virtual or face to face meetings, identifying opportunities for market access and cooperation between Latin American and European SMEs
– Capacity building promoting cooperation: training sessions and info-days with representatives of LA and EU stakeholders with a view to empower businesses and academies to cooperate with each other