Sectors: Co-op & Development, Research
Beneficiaries: Research centres, Universities
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Worldwide: The list of countries in which entities must be established in order to be eligible for funding under this call for proposals is available in Annex I of Council Regulation (EC) No 1934/2006 and in Annex II of Regulation (EU) No 1338/2011
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims at allowing the EU to benefit from a sustained intensification of research, development and innovation networks, partnerships and other forms of RI interaction between the EU and China.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Create, strengthen and intensify the EU-China RI partnerships by supporting the mobility of EU researchers to China and strengthening people-to-people contacts, from both the public and private sectors, in strategic RI sectors
– Significantly increase the number of EU researchers carrying out RI activities in China, boost European private sector funding mobilised to bear the costs thereof
– Further expand European research organisations capacity to work with China
– Develop sustainable EU-China networks and partnerships
– Allow the EU to benefit from the experience accumulated by European researchers working in China, get European researchers with experience in China to disseminate their experience
– Generate synergies with other actions involving research partnerships with China (Horizon 2020, Erasmus +, EU Member States and Chineese national fellowships schemes…
Applicants must select at least one of the following lots
– Lot 1: Renewable energy, energy efficiency, sustainable energy solutions for cities (800 000 euros)
– Lot 2: Sustainable urban development and urban planning, green urban mobility and transport (800 000 euros)
– Lot 3: Health, public health and welfare policies – life sciences (800 000 euros)
– Lot 4: Information and communication technologies, smart cities (800 000 euros)
– Lot 5: Food, agriculture, bio-technologies and water (800 000 euros)
Among financed actions
– Action aimed at setting up new partnerships or supporting and expanding existing ones, in the targeted areas between Chinese and European research organisations by supporting the mobility of EU researchers with China
– Develop a clear promotion, information dissemination and visibility strategy for the partnership
– Set up criteria for the selection and mobilisation of researchers to take part in the individual mobility schemes, as well as the expectations on the researchers benefitting from the mobility scheme
– Provide Chinese language training for the European researchers in need participating in the mobility scheme to ensure effective interaction and to mitigate linguistic and cultural obstacles during their stay in China
– Set up the support structure for the persons benefiting from the mobility scheme