Sectors: Co-op & Development, Youth
Beneficiaries: Civil Society Organisations, Non-profit organisations
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
IcSP – Promoting dialogue and exchanges between youth groups and youth initiatives in the Great Lakes sub-region – 2020
Funds for: supporting youth contribution to building lasting peace and stability in the Great Lakes region through consolidation of the regional dimension of the exchanges and dialogue between communities
Priorities and funded actions:
* To promote exchanges and dialogue between youth actions / initiatives that contribute to the global objective
* Strengthening youth actions / initiatives in the Great Lakes region and enhancing the exchange of information and experience between them across the region;
* Promoting practical solutions to mitigate their isolation and fragmentation and creating a more robust cross-border and / or regional dynamic;
* Facilitating the engagement of youth with other (public, private, civil or community led) actors and the linkages between youth initiatives and broader processes in favour of long lasting peace and stability in the region
Amongst financed actions
* Research, awareness raising and advocacy activities and campaigns. Mapping of quality youth initiatives should take place during the identification of the action (i.e. prior to the submission of the proposal), but additional marginal mapping can be envisaged;
* Exchange of information, experience, and good practices, and transfer of knowledge between youth groups. The cross-border and / regional dimension is critical;
* Training (including leadership training and youth-led training) and capacity building of youth organisations in order to institutionalise knowledge and skills of individual organisations and networks;
* Promotion of partnerships, dialogue platforms and networking activities between peer organisations or initiatives, or aimed at promoting a constructive engagement of youth with other sectors and / or broader initiatives in favour of peacebuilding and stability;
* Outreach, communication (including through social media), workshops / seminars, and public events
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals. In the first instance, only concept notes will be evaluated
* Initial duration of the action: between 24 and 36 months
– Be a legal person;
– Be non-profit-making;
– Be established in one of the target countries, a Member State of the European Union or other eligible country as indicated in regulation n°236/2014 laying down common rules and procedures for the implementation of the Union’s instruments for financing external action;
– Be a civil society actor constituted in accordance with the legislation in force in the applicant’s country of registration;
– Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary
* Actions must take place in three or more of the following countries: Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda