Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Justice - Security, Youth
Beneficiaries: Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Training centres, Universities
Regions: Developing countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Gulf countries
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Gulf countries: Yemen
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to create, restore or consolidate appropriate ways, tools and mechanisms at local and regional level to prevent conflicts and contribute to durable peace, in the Republic of Yemen.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To further strengthen and empower civil society and networks across Yemen in fostering and facilitating dialogue and empowering key actors, for the promotion of a peaceful and inclusive transition process in Yemen
* Lot 1 – Mediation, Dialogue, Transitional Justice and Reconciliation
– Promoting a culture of peace, respect for diversity and tolerance, dialogue between parties to a conflict and developing peace building strategies and by so doing, addressing underlying factors of radicalization and violent extremism
– Promoting and supporting approaches to create space for negotiations as well as reconciliation and transitional justice processes
* Lot 2 – Women, Peace and Security
– Supporting the empowerment of women activists and women’s organisations as well as civil society staff to participate in peace and security processes, also by engaging men and mobilising their active support wherever possible
– Developing mechanisms to better monitor and respond to gender-based violence and human rights violations such as slavery or human trafficking-related activities
* Lot 3 – Protection of Children against Conflict-related Exploitation and Violence
– Supporting actions to prevent and reduce the active recruitment of children in armed conflict
– Supporting actions to prevent forms of violence against children in conflict or post-conflict contexts, in particular by combating trafficking and other crimes against children
* Lot 4 – Youth Employment as a Conflict Prevention and Peace-building Vector
– Supporting employment driven actions aimed at diverting youth from engaging in violence or being recruited by extremist groups and, by so doing, addressing the underlying factors of radicalization
– Contributing to reintegration of former children and youth combatants
Among financed activities
– Activities strengthening civil society actors, platforms, networks and coalitions
– Capacity development activities, training, information exchange workshops at national and regional level, and mobilisation efforts
– Advocacy, lobbying, public awareness campaigns and communication activities
– Conflict resolution and mediation activities
– Knowledge sharing on specific conflict prevention and peace-building tools and methods