Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Justice - Security, Local development
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Asia, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Asia : Pakistan
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The overall objective of this call for proposals is to contribute to the set grounds for sustainable and durable peace in Pakistan by providing a solid foundation at the civil society level to local actors’ initiatives for the prevention and transformation of conflicts.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Fostering understanding between communities divided by violence and promoting reconciliation in conflict affected areas in Pakistan
– Supporting practical actions aimed at promoting, leveraging and supporting mediation, dialogue and reconciliation in order to strengthen constructive communication and peaceful cooperation between different groups to prevent conflicts and defuse inter-community tensions
– Strengthening channels of dialogue and institutional collaboration between civil society and other stakeholders (private sector, government, international donors and other development partners, etc.) on issues related with conflict prevention, crisis preparedness and peace-building
– Raising awareness, strengthening conflict analysis skills, training and coaching activities, development of relevant guidance and best practices; as well as facilitation of bottom-up approaches to create space for negotiation processes at national, regional and local level aimed at mainstreaming conflict-sensitive issues into decision-making and policy design
– Religion as vector of dialogue, reconciliation and culture of peace
– Cultural heritage and arts as a vector of identity, social cohesion and education for peace
– Women and youth as a vector of community change for peace
Among financed actions:
– sensitization campaigns
– local and national initiatives for promoting social harmony at the grassroots level
– folk cultural activities (such as poetry, music and performing arts) to broadcast messages of peace
– civic education campaigns aimed at conveying messages of tolerance
– surveys, opinion polls