Sectors: Innovation, New technologies, Research
Beneficiaries: Research centres
Regions: European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
EU State members, Norway and Iceland
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
IF – Innovation Fund Small Scale Projects – 2021
Funds for: supporting small-scale projects demonstrating highly innovative technologies, processes or products, that are sufficiently mature and have a significant potential to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
Priorities and funded actions:
* To offer financial support tailored to market needs and risk profiles of eligible projects, while attracting additional public and private resources;
* To complement the large-scale call by targeting smaller-scale projects, thereby offering another opportunity, in particular for small and medium-size companies to have their project supported.
Priority 1: Projects to be funded by this Innovation Fund call are expected to contribute to the
transition to a climate-neutral economy and to achieve the policy objectives as set out in the European Commission’s communication – A Clean Planet for All – A European
Priority 2: Strategic long-term vision for a prosperous, modern, competitive and climate neutral
Priority 3: Projects are also expected to contribute to achieving the objectives of the Recovery Plan for Europe.
Among financed actions
– Activities that support innovation in low-carbon technologies and processes in sectors listed in Annex I to the ETS Directive, including environmentally-safe carbon capture and utilisation (CCU) that contributes substantially to mitigating climate change, as well as substitute products,
– Activities that help stimulate the construction and operation of projects that aim at the environmentally-safe capture and geological storage of CO2 (CCS),
– Activities that help stimulate the construction and operation of innovative renewable energy and energy storage technologies.
* This call of proposals is an open call of proposals
* Initial duration of the action: 48 months
The applicants must be:
* a Legal persons;
* belong to one of the following categories: private entities, public entities, or international organisations;
* be directly responsible for the implementation and management of the project where relevant jointly with other applicants, i.e. not acting as an intermediary.