Sectors: Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Justice - Security, Local development, Public Management, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Federations Unions, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, Training centres, Universities
Regions: Central America, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Central America: El Salvador
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to contribute to the consolidation of peace in El Salvador.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To strengthen the capacity of civil society to support the rehabilitation and social reintegration of women in prisons
– To strengthen capacities of women defenders of women human rights in El Salvador
This call for proposals is divided into two lots
– LOT 1: Women deprived of liberty (500 000 euro)
– LOT 2: Women defenders of Human rights (250 000 euro)
– Designing and implementing integrated models of care and rehabilitation of women in prisons taking into account the need for the sustainability of the initiatives and the possibility of them being taken over by relevant authorities in the medium and long run
– Empowering women and women’s organizations defending women human rights, through actions improving the capacity of these organizations to protect them against threats to their lives or physical integrity
Among financed actions
– Actions aiming at developing and implementing integrated models of care and rehabilitation to women in prisons
– Workshops on sexual and reproductive health and strengthening the gynecological clinic
– Actions aiming at increasing literacy
– Recreational, educational and cultural workshops
– Creating and maintaining a communication network and alerts on risks and threats to human rights defenders
– Creating a network to provide assistance to human rights defenders in cases of risk to life or physical integrity