Sectors: Energy, Environment, Innovation, New technologies
Beneficiaries: Corporations, International Organisation, Research centres, Universities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
EU Member States
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
Innovation Fund – Large Scale Projects – 2020
Funds for: supporting projects in the filed of demonstration of innovative low- carbon technologies
Priorities and funded actions:
* Support projects demonstrating highly innovative technologies, processes or products, that are sufficiently mature and have a significant potential to reduce greenhouse gas emissions;
* Offer financial support tailored to market needs and risk profiles of eligible projects, while attracting additional public and private resources
Amongst financed actions
* Activities that support innovation in low-carbon technologies and processes in sectors listed in Annex I to the EU ETS Directive, including environmentally safe carbon capture and utilisation (CCU) that contributes substantially to mitigating climate change, as well as products substituting carbon intensive ones produced in sectors listed in Annex I to the EU ETS Directive;
* Activities that help stimulate the construction and operation of projects that aim at the environmentally safe capture and geological storage of CO2(CCS);
* Activities that help stimulate the construction and operation of innovative renewable energy and energy storage technologies
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals. In the first instance, only concept notes will be evaluated
* Initial duration of the action: up to 48 months
– Only projects with a total capital expenditure above 7 500 000 euros are eligible under this call;
– Applicants must be:
> Legal persons;
> Lelong to one of the following categories: private entities, public entities, or international organisations;
> Be directly responsible for the implementation and management of the project where relevant jointly with other applicants, i.e. not acting as an intermediary;
> The minimum number of applicants is one;
> Natural persons are NOT eligible;
> EU bodies can NOT be part of the consortium
* Only actions implemented on the territory of one (or more) of the EU Member States, Norway or Iceland are eligible for funding under this call