Beneficiaries: Investment Funds
Regions: European Union, Worldwide
Category: Tender procedure
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Worldwide : Participation in this tender procedure is open on equal terms to all natural and legal persons coming within the scope of the Treaties and to all natural and legal persons in a third country which has a special agreement with the Union in the field of public procurement on the conditions laid down in that agreement. Where the Multilateral Agreement on Government Procurement concluded within the WTO applies, the participation to the call for tender is also open to nationals of the countries that have ratified this Agreement.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for tender aims to produce a study supporting Smart cities and communities (SCC). The study shall contribute to the European innovation partnership on smart cities and communities and its aim of conceiving and promoting scalable and transferable solutions to contribute to reaching the EU’s 20/20/20 climate action goals, to reduce high energy consumption, greenhouse gas emissions and traffic congestion as well as improve air quality.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To contribute to the knowledge base of the European Innovation Partnership by analysing smart city solutions and initiatives that are linked to the Strategic Implementation Plan (SIP) of the European Innovation Partnership. Therefore, the study will mainly
– Focus on solutions that are located in the intersection of Energy, ICT, Transport and Mobility and promote a better understanding of success factors for their deployment
Scope of the studie
– Smart Cities & Communities (SCC) best practice in Europe and worldwide,
– European SCC solution’s replication potential and support actions,
– Synergies between SCC actors
– Mapping of the European SCC landscape
– Include solutions that are specifically applicable to the European mid-sized cities (indicatively 100.000-500.000 inhabitants)
Expected reports, documents and deliverables
– A kick-off meeting shall be organised in Brussels, at the latest 21 days following the entry into
force of the contract
– A second meeting shall be held in Brussels within 30 days following the submission of the draft interim report
– A third meeting shall be held in Brussels within 30 days following the submission of the draft final report
– A draft interim report showing progress of the study shall be submitted to the Commission 6 months after the date of entry into force of the contract
– The contractor will submit a draft final report (the study) to the Commission at the latest 13 months after the date of entry into force of the contract
Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded
Groupings, irrespective of their legal form, may submit bids. Such groupings (or consortium) must specify the company or person heading the project and must also submit a copy of the document authorising this company or person to submit a bid. If awarded, the contract will be signed by the company or the person heading the project, who will be, vis-à-vis the Commission, the only contracting party responsible for the performance of this contract