Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Enlargement, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Balkans: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to enhance the role and capacity of BiH civil society to effectively support further democratic consolidation by contributing to the free and fair election process in BiH. Overall, these efforts are aimed at anchoring democratic values and structures and fostering citizens’ participation and democratic developments.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To reinforce the capacity of local civil society to coordinate efforts to monitor and ensure a proper follow-up to the election process.
– To develop and promote measures for enhancing political party integrity in campaigning.
– To propose administrative and legal accountability measures through which election administrative management and other relevant institutions concerned with electoral process account for their performance.
– To enhance watchdog functions of civil society organizations by enhancing their media-monitoring capacity.
– To raise professional standards and inform the public about shortcomings in the area of broadcast, print and online media, by conducting competent and grounded assessment of the quality of media reporting and thus facilitate informed decision making as well as advocating for democratic reforms, structural changes and more pluralistic and balanced media coverage of politics.
– To raise public awareness about: electoral irregularities and fraud techniques commonly used in the country; the importance of non-partisan election observation; importance of citizens’ participation; the need for improving the electoral framework; main weak points of the current process and proposed solutions.
– Capacity building of BiH’s CSOs in elections’ observations, with a focus on the legislative and advocacy capacities
– The development and implementation of the media/advocacy strategy for improvement of the country’s electoral process
– Establishment of the methodological framework for monitoring the court proceedings in cases concerning electoral related crimes. Enhancing the CSOs capacities for assessing the manner in which the electoral related cases are handled.
– Implementing measures for securing professional, fair and objective media coverage of the electoral process
Among financed actions
– Election observation
– Media monitoring
– Public outreach and advocacy
– Organisation of workshops, seminars, and working meetings
– Elaboration of programmes, recommendations, and documents
– Organisation of conferences, round table discussions, and debates
– Publication of documents, recommendations, monitoring reports, informative video clips