Sectors: Citizenship, Culture - Media, Justice - Security, Local development
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, New Independant States
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commision
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to strengthen the civil society and media associations’ impact in public policies and decision making to influence key reforms for further support to the country in the EU accession processes.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To enhance the impact of civil society organisations and to improve media integrity through their involvement in public policies.
– Support to civil society and participatory democracy
– Freedom of expression and media integrity
– Promoting improved inter-community relations
Among financed activities
– Activities for strengthening of existing and creating new civil society platforms, networks and coalitions
– Activities for the institutionalisation of consultation mechanisms between the civil society and national and local public institutions
– Advocacy for the revision of existing legislation and adoption of new legislation in accordance with the EU standards and requirements
– Capacity building activities for civil society
– Organisation of conferences and public debates involving decision makers and politicians, workshops and seminars.
– Policy research, gaps and needs analyses
– Opinion surveys
– Publication of manuals, leaflets on best practices related to the priority themes