Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Enlargement, Human Rights, Information, Justice - Security, Youth
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Federations Unions, Non-profit organisations, Schools, Universities
Regions: Balkans, Candidate countries, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to enable and stimulate a participatory democracy in Kosovo by creating an environment which promotes partnership and dialogue between civil society and public institutions, and by building the capacity of CSOs to be effective and accountable independent actors.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To increase the participation of grass-root CSOs in Kosovo and enhance their input into decision and policy making processes of local and central government
– Supporting advocacy efforts and activities of grass-root civil society organisations in Kosovo
Among financed actions
– Monitoring of functioning and enhancing interaction mechanisms with authorities at the local and/or central level
– Specific advocacy efforts aimed at the stimulation of public debates or promotion of neglected positions related to policy discussions at local and/or central level
– Building up local organisations’ expertise with the aim of profilisation in their respective field of work
– Creation of formal and informal fora and networks among civil society organisations within Kosovo in order to: transfer know-how and exchange of good practice; to find common sound solutions for related problems, as well as build up a shared commitment for practical action