Sectors: Co-op & Development, Enlargement, Human Rights, Information, Local development, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Non-profit organisations, Research centres
Regions: Balkans, Candidate countries, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to achieve a more dynamic civil society actively participating in public debate on democracy, human rights, social inclusion and the rule of law and with capacity to influence policy and decision making processes.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To have a greater commitment and capacity of civil society organisation (CSO) to give citizens a voice and influence public sector reform processes through analysis, monitoring and advocacy, etc. by joining forces in a Regional Association
– Strengthened capacity and efforts to provide analysis, advocacy and monitoring of key sector reforms at regional and national levels
– Improvement of the environment for civil activism and state-civil society dialogue at regional and national levels
– Improvement of the legitimacy, transparency and accountability of CSOs in the region
This call is divided into 6 thematic areas
– 1: promotion and protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms, enhanced respect for the rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex persons (LGBTI)
– 2: fight against corruption and organised crime
– 3: improvement of social dialogue and strengthening of the capacities of social economic partners
– 4: promotion of (social and economic) inclusion and protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms, enhanced respect for the rights concerning notably Roma
– 5: promotion of social and economic inclusion of age groups that risk marginalisation and in particular youngsters
– 6: promotion of media self-regulatory bodies and / or journalists trade unions / press councils
Among financed actions
– Facilitating contact, consultation and discussion between different stakeholders
– Promotion of the implementation of adopted laws and regulations
– Advocacy for the revision of existing legislation and adoption of new legislation in accordance with EU standards and requirements
– Establishment of dialogue with political parties, groups of parliamentarians or legislative bodies
– Publication of monitoring reports
– Public awareness raising campaigns