Sectors: Citizenship, Local development
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Candidate countries, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Candidate countries: Kosovo
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call is to support development of northern Kosovo through directly impacting alleviation of civil society sector, with a view to improving social cohesion, integration and cooperation.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To strengthen the role of civil society in (local) governance processes and service delivery by enabling them to actively participate in policy making and dialogues processes and address the social, cultural, environmental and educational needs of their communities.
Among financed actions
– Monitoring of functioning and enhancing interaction mechanisms between authorities at both central and local level
– Organization of formal and/or informal, structured dialogue at regular intervals and at both central and local level and with communities
– Raising public awareness on the role of civil society organizations, as well as the importance of ensuring their involvement and contribution to the decision-making and dialogue processes
– Exchange and implementation of good practices
– Capacity building for civil society organizations on advocacy and lobbying, and legislative drafting, research and analysis
– Support to cultural activities
– Support to and promotion of the development of sustainable tourism
– Provision of social services to vulnerable groups such as, but not limited to, children, women, people with disabilities, elderly people, victims of domestic violence, LGBT etc
– Support through educational activities to children in pre-school, primary and/or secondary education
– Activities related to empowerment of women through active participation in political and public life as well as decision making processes.
– Activities related to environment protection
– Establishment and/or operation of day care centres
– Establishment of learning centres for children in pre-school, primary and/or secondary education and provision of after school classes, homework help, creative arts and leisure activities