Sectors: Co-op & Development, Culture - Media, Education - Training, Employment, Enlargement, Health, Social Affairs, Tourism, Trade
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, SMEs, Universities
Regions: Candidate countries, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Candidate countries: Serbia and Montenegro
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to bring together the people, communities and economies of the border area to jointly participate in the development of a cooperative area, using its human, natural, cultural and economic resources and advantages.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To strengthen the incentives for SME development in the border areas
– To develop tourism as a key sector of the border economy
– To promote cross border trade cooperation and accessibility to markets
– To (re-)establish cross border links between business and trade support organisations to promote joint cooperative initiatives
– To maintain the high quality of the border area environment as an economic resource
– To strengthen cross border people-to-people interaction to reinforce cultural and sporting links and to share know-how and experience in areas of common interest
– Social and economic cohesion through joint actions to improve physical, business, social and institutional infrastructure and capacity
Measure 1: Improving the productivity and competitiveness of the area’s economic, rural, cultural and environmental resources
– Business-to-business networks
– Development of SME support services and joint access to these
– Joint marketing and promotion on domestic and EU markets
Measure 2: Cross-border initiatives targeting the exchange of people and ideas to enhance the professional and civic society cooperation
– Contacts, communication and cooperation between local communities and local community organizations/agencies within the cross-border region, particularly in support of women and marginalized groups, local democracy and the development of civil society