Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Economy - Finances, Employment, Environment, Local development, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Corporations, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, SMEs, Training centres, Universities
Regions: European Economic Area, European Union, New Independant States
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of the programme is the socio-economic development of the programme area by fostering cooperation and joint initiatives.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To protect biodiversity and promote the sustainable use of natural resources in the programme area
– To foster economic development of the programme area with a special emphasis on two priority sectors: a) Sustainable agriculture and forestry; b) development of the tourism offer complementary to the existing seaside tourism in Montenegro
– To promote socio-economic cohesion between communities living in the bordering regions by encouraging inter-municipal cooperation and developing partnerships and networking between Civil Society Organisations (CSOs), professional organisations (i.e Chambers of Commerce, entrepreneurs and farmers organisations) and educational institutions
– Environment protection
– Sustainable economic development
– Social cohesion
Among financed actions
– Operation for improving the management of the National Parks and protected areas
– Operations for improving the usage and maintenance of the public and private forests
– Awareness campaigns on environmental protection issues
– Small infrastructure projects in the field of renewable energy
– Cooperation among farmers associations, food processors, wood processors, etc.
– Defining and promoting joint tourism products
– Training activities for improving the capacities of the local stakeholders in the tourism sector
– Protecting and promoting the cultural and historical heritage
– Research and development projects in economic sectors involving the education and research centres
– Infrastructure projects facilitating trade and communication within the programme area
– Operations aiming at strengthening members of minorities’ rights
– Cooperation and joint activities of youth and sport associations