Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Enlargement, Local development
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Civil Society Organisations, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: Candidate countries
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
North Macedina, Albany
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
IPA – Cross-border Programme the Republic of North Macedonia – Republic of Albania – 2020
Funds for: stimulating a balanced, inclusive and sustainable socio-economic development in the cross-border area
Priorities and funded actions:
* To develop the potential of tourism by promoting cultural heritage and values
* To strengthen the SME productive capacity and access to markets
* To enhance the awareness of a greener economy, cleaner environment and climate change
* Priority 1: Encouraging tourism, culture and natural heritage
* Priority 2: Enhancing competitiveness, business, trade and investment
* Priority 3: Protecting environment, promoting climate change adaptation and mitigation, risk prevention and management
Among financed actions
– Design, development and promotion of joint tourism products and services and small scale investment for building or upgrading in public tourism infrastructure (walking paths, cycle routes, equipping visitors’ centres, information points, networking tourism centres)
– Training, branding of regional products, marketing and facilitation of the business contacts, networking, partnerships
– Development of activities designed to support cooperation between SMEs, education and research & development organisations for improving business innovativeness, technology and support food supply chains
– Restoration/preservation, cleaning and maintenance of cultural and historical sites and associated built environment
– Development of basic infrastructures for artistic and linguistic heritage
– Support to SMEs and start-ups as well as investment in small-scale cross-border market and trading facilities
– Establishment of networks and associations for the purpose of joint entrepreneurial activity as well as know-how transfer of knowledge and skills of people in entrepreneurship, new technologies, marketing, promotion
– Activities designed to support SMEs, education and research & development organisations for improving business innovativeness and technology and mutual cooperation
– Supporting joint initiatives for establishing cross-border clusters (e.g. multi-media, ICT, food processing, electronics, biotechnology)
– Support/Stimulate use of ICT in manufacturing, for the marketing & management of SMEs
– Promoting and supporting sustainable use of natural resources and environment as well as cooperation between bodies and organisations involved in environmental protection and management of protected sites
– Support to integrated protection and management of sensitive ecosystems and proper use of surface waters; Support the development of integrated environmental monitoring systems
– Actions designed to reduce the negative effects on environment and encourage environmentally-friendly economic activities
– Preparation of feasibility studies and other technical documentation for large-scale infrastructure interventions in environmental issues, to be financed by sources other than the cross-border programme
– Architecture and urban planning studies, Environmental impact assessment studies, Environmental strategic impact assessment studies
– Preserving, developing and restoring national parks and protected sites, flora, fauna, etc.
– Joint risk management activities (risk assessment, development of measures (including relevant infrastructure and equipment) for fire prevention, flooding, pollution, management and coordination, etc.)
– Demonstration projects of cross border relevance (implementation of measures, purchase of equipment, establishment of joint emergency centres, refurbishment of existing emergency centres etc.)
– Common capacity building (training on preparedness, rescuing, awareness raising among specific target groups, prevention, etc.)
* This call of proposals is an open call of proposals
* Initial duration of the action: 24 to 48 months
– be a legal person, and
– be non-profit-making, and
– be established in either the Republic of North Macedonia or Republic of Albania, and
– be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary, and
– be one of the following institutions or organisations:
* Central, regional and local government units (ministries, municipalities, departments, agencies) and agencies for local or regional development,
* Civil society organisations, as well as professional associations, farmers associations, chambers of commerce, chambers of crafts and trades and association of SMEs
* National and regional centres for disaster management, national parks and monitoring and other organisations for nature protection
* Formal and non-formal education and training institutions (e.g. primary schools, VET schools, Universities, etc.) including research, development and innovation centres
* Cultural institutions such as museums, libraries, institutions for protection of cultural heritage, etc.
* Public enterprises as well as emergency services, such as fire/emergency services and organisations for nature protection