Sectors: Human Rights, Justice - Security
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: Candidate countries, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to empower the role of Parliament in the protection and promotion of human rights by strengthening the administrative capacity of Parliament in Turkey
Priorities and funded actions:
– To strengthen the capacity of The Committee on Human Rights Inquiry (CHRI) to the Grand National Assembly of Turkey (GNAT)
– To secure a full and effective implementation of the rights guaranteed by the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR)
– Monitoring the effective implementation of the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR)
– To provide a platform for genuine exchange of essential information that enables the two parties, namely Turkey and EU, to become better acquainted with and learn from each other’s approaches and experiences on those issues.
– To improve the knowledge of MPs and legislative experts on fundamental rights and freedoms guaranteed by the ECHR
– To strengthen the capacity of the CHRI in terms of monitoring the effective implementation of the ECtHR’s judgments
– To create an efficient environment for the dialogue and sharing experiences on legislative matters between the GNAT and Member States Parliaments
Among financed activities
– Training seminars and study visits
– Workshops for legislative experts of the relevant committees
– Workshops for national and international NGOs
– Placements for legislative experts and study visits for both MPs and legislative experts