Sectors: Co-op & Development, Enlargement, Public Management, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Local and Regional authorities
Regions: Candidate countries
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
43 selected pilot municipalities listed under section 1.1 of the Guidelines Document
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
IPA – EU for socio-economic development (as alternative to drugs cultivation and trafficking) – 2020
Funds for: improving access to socio-economic development and employment opportunities, services and facilities in communities vulnerable to cannabis cultivation and trafficking
Priorities and funded actions:
* To support the implementation of economically viable alternatives to cannabis cultivation, with a focus on young men and women;
* To support selected municipalities to deliver public services and increase public awareness against cannabis cultivation and trafficking, with particular attention to vulnerable groups.
* To support socio-economic alternatives in selected Municipalities, to prevent the risk of involvement in illicit activities and cannabis cultivation in particular of vulnerable groups (persons formerly affected by cannabis cultivation and those at risk of harm, neglect and social exclusion), as well as build their resilience;
* To strengthen the capacities of the municipalities increase public awareness on the issue, and to increase access and deliver inclusive services, in particular for vulnerable groups.
Amongst financed actions
* Actions where municipalities take a lead role as service delivery providers, economic development enablers;
* Actions focusing in offering viable economic alternatives to illicit activities;
* Actions that are performed jointly by Municipalities and Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) which demonstrate multisector approaches;
* Actions that support municipalities to deliver more inclusive public services;
* Actions that integrate environment, gender and human rights approaches as a cross cutting theme.
* Actions that engage the communities across different groups and promote dialogue, understanding and joint work in common initiatives through a participatory approach;
* This call is a restricted call for proposals. Initially, only concept notes will be evaluated.
* Initial duration of the action: between 18 and 36 months
– To be be one of the selected municipalities in the Republic of Albania;
– To be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary.
* The actions must take place in Albania (one or more selected municipalities under section 1.1. Table 1 of the Guidelines Document)