Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Employment, Environment, Health, Industry, Innovation, Local development, New technologies, SME Policy
Beneficiaries: Corporations, SMEs
Regions: Balkans, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Candidate countries: former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Turkey, Montenegro, Serbia
Balkans: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to improve processing and marketing, hygiene, quality and food safety standards and environmental protection in order to strengthen the competitiveness of the agriculture and rural development sector, increase market share and consumer confidence into local products. It also aims to promote sustainable development of rural economy by encouraging non-agricultural activities, that can lead to higher rural income, job-creation and to reduce the disparities between urban and rural areas.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To support the upgrade of agri-food establishments, to improve processing and marketing, hygiene, quality and food safety standards and environmental protection in the dairy, meat, fruit &vegetable, including wine production processing industry and to support creation, diversification and development of rural activities though investments in farm diversification and development of non-agricultural activities
This call is divided into 4 Lots based on the following sub-sectors
– LOT 1: targeting diary processing sub-sector (500 000 euro)
– LOT 2: targeting meat processing sub-sector (1 000 000 euro)
– LOT 3: targeting fruits and vegetables processing sub-sector, including wine production (1 000 000 euro)
– LOT 4: targeting processing of collected herbs, medical plants, forest fruits, wood by-products and mushrooms and rural tourism (1 500 000 euro)
Among financed actions
– Construction, reconstruction, renovation, expansion and replacement of agro-food processing establishments, fruit & vegetables processing, including wine production, and buildings/facilities for storing, packaging and processing collected herbs, medical plants, forest fruits and mushrooms
– Equipment for wood processing and production of briquettes, wood chips
– Investment to facilitate the introduction of new technologies and /or innovation related to product processing, hygiene and quality
– To enable environmental protection, water purification stations for mechanic purification, waste water works in slaughterhouses and poultry slaughterhouse