Sectors: Environment, Humanitarian, Town planning
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: Balkans, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to increase floods resilience with better early warning systems and disaster prevention mechanisms in Albania.
Priorities and funded actions:
– to increase the capacity of the Albanian General Directorate for Civil Emergencies to prevent and respond to disaster management
– Support to develop a regional flood hazard map following EU Flood Directive (flood hazard map, flood risk map, risk/vulnerability assessment, definition of measures, awareness raising),
– Preparation for integration of Floods Early Warning System and integration to European Flood Awareness System (EFAS)
– Cost-Benefit Analysis, prioritization and financing of measures in strengthening flood warning system
– Awareness/Visibility/Communication: improve flood awareness of the public by informing on the risk, early warning system and the plan to follow in case of an emergency
– Support Albania in preparing for membership to the Union Civil Protection Mechanism (EUCPM)
Among financed actions
– Revision of current national and/or local authority responsible for DRR roles
– Assessment of systems of communication and dissemination of flood warnings
– Review existing hydrometric network and equipment
– Drafting/updating the Floods Emergency Plans at Prefecture level for the whole country