Sectors: Citizenship, Gender equality, Human Rights, Justice - Security, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Civil Society Organisations, Development NGOs, Media and cultural organisations, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
* EU member states
* EEA countries
* IPA II participating countries
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
IPA II – Civil Society Facility and Media Programme – Supporting Human Rights Defenders – Turkey – 2020
Funds for: contributing to the development and consolidation of democracy and the rule of law and respect for all human rights and fundamental freedoms by supporting Human Rights Defenders (HRDs) in their efforts to protect and promote human rights and fundamental freedoms
Priorities and funded actions:
* Supporting Civil Society Organisations that work for the protection and promotion of human rights including by supporting Human Rights Defenders;
* Supporting Human Rights Defenders in their efforts to promote and strive for the protection and realisation of human rights and fundamental freedoms
* The protection of human rights defenders;
* Enhancing technical knowledge and skills of human rights defenders;
* Strengthening capacities of human rights defenders for carrying out their activities, including but not limited to monitoring and documenting violations, seeking remedies for victims of human rights violations, fighting against impunity;
* Strengthening capacities of human rights defenders for expertise building for legal professionals and improving access to justice
* Protection of targetted groups: women, children, LGBTI, environmental rights defenders, HRDs defending the rights of minorities and groups in vulnerable situations; trade unionists promoting labour rights, lawyers advocating for and promoting fundamental freedoms, HRDs challenging violations of economic, social and cultural rights
Among financed actions
* Legal support;
* Follow-up of and reporting on individual cases, trial and prison monitoring;
* Medical support and rehabilitation;
* Support to families;
* Training activities including on risk prevention and security, physical and digital protection;
* Advocacy and lobbying activities aiming at improvement of relevant legislation and its implementation on specific human rights issues
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: between 36 and 42 months
– Be a legal person;
– Be a non-profit making entity;
– Be a civil society organisation;
– Be establihsed in an EU member state or IPA II beneficiary country or an EEA member state
* The action must take place in Turkey, except for specific activities