Sectors: Co-op & Development, Employment, Enlargement, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Justice - Security, Local development, Social Affairs, Transport
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Schools
Regions: Candidate countries, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this Call for Proposals is to stimulate an enabling legal and financial environment for civil society and pluralistic media, as well as to empower civil society and media organisations to be effective and accountable independent actors, and to improve their capacity to dialogue with Governments influencing policy and decision making processes and holding them accountable for their performance towards citizens and society at large.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To enhance the impact of civil society by promoting CSOs involvement in public decision-making and reform processes and fostering the development of a structured civic dialogue;
– Fostering coalition-building and regular networking of CSOs at regional and EU level, facilitating the exchange of expertise, skills and connections among CSOs, and widening the impact of their social campaigning and advocacy;
– To improve outreach to and capacity-building for grassroots and other types of non-governmental organisations working on bringing about positive change at the local level
– Enhancing CSOs’ role in promoting the development of an enabling legal and policy environment for CSO activities;
– Strengthening CSOs’ capacities for networking and building partnerships with other CSOs as well as for co-operating with public authorities;
– Strengthening CSOs’ advocacy and monitoring capacities
Among financed actions
– Establishment of working groups and other means of direct cooperation, advocacy and dialogue with the government structures;
– Establishment of formal and/or informal dialogue and consultation platforms, and animation of the public debate on specific topic related to the thematic areas concerned by this Call;
– Capacity building actions for civil society organisations on advocacy and lobbying, research and analysis, in particular on the thematic areas concerned by this Call