Sectors: Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Enlargement, Human Rights, Information, Justice - Security, Local development, Public Management, Social Affairs, Telecommunications
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Universities
Regions: Balkans, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this Call for Proposals is to strengthen the independence, transparency, efficiency, accountability and public trust in the Albanian justice system in line with the EU acquis and best practices.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To improve the independence, transparency, efficiency and effectiveness of the Albanian justice system pursuant to a clear and comprehensive reform strategy developed by the Albanian Ministry of Justice (MoJ) and other actors in the justice system;
– To improve the organizational, administrative, technical and resource management capacities, as well as the case management capabilities of the judiciary in order to improve efficiency and transparency of courts;
– To align the Albanian criminal, civil and administrative justice system with EU standards
– Ministry of Justice (also referred as MoJ): Justice Strategy and organization of the Ministry of Justice in the context of the new legislation;
– High Judicial Council, Judicial Administration and Court Management;
– High Prosecutorial Council (referred to as HPC) and Criminal Justice;
– High Justice Inspector (HJI) and Justice Appointment Council (JAC);
– School of Magistrates and Legal professions;
– Support the legislative work in the Parliament
Among financed actions
– Assessment of needs;
– Assistance to judicial institutions to modernize and implement reforms;
– Support computerization of institutions