Sectors: Co-op & Development, Employment, Environment, Tourism
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Candidate countries
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Candidate countries: Albania and Montenegro
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to promote/strengthen good neighbourly relations and socioeconomic development of the border regions, through valorising its touristic potentials, an environmentally sustainable and socially inclusive economic development, with respect for its common cultural and natural heritage.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To enhance the competitiveness of the tourism sector by the economic valorisation of the cultural and natural heritage
– To further protection of environmental resources in lake and alpine areas
– To foster employability and social inclusion
1) Encouraging tourism, culture and natural heritage
2) Protecting the environment, promoting climate change adaptation and mitigation, risk prevention and management
3) Promoting employment, labour mobility and social and cultural inclusion across the border
Among financed actions
– Encourage entrepreneurship and competitiveness in the tourism sector
– Diversification of touristic offer, upgrade and promote less known tourism attractions in the program area
– Increase capacities and introducing new promotion techniques and approaches, including mapping, use of ICT, multi-media, research, etc
– Actions designed to deal jointly with environment protection and promotion in the programme area
– Support to integrated protection and management of sensitive ecosystems giving priority to protected areas, giving priority to the protection of programme area
– Actions designed to encourage environmentally-friendly economic activities in the programme area
– Support cooperation among and between (vocational) education institutions and the private sector to improve the matching of training curricula for vulnerable groups with the labour market demand, including e-learning programmes and the use of ICT
– Supporting initiatives and campaigns for self-employment, especially in the rural areas, including support to start up business for vulnerable groups
– Support strengthening capacities of labour promotion institutions, sharing of experiences and best models to increase employability (especially of vulnerable groups) within and across the borders