Sectors: Citizenship, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Local development, Town planning
Beneficiaries: Civil Society Organisations, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Candidate countries
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Candidate countriy: North Macedonia
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
IPA II – EU for Roma and people living in deep poverty – 2020
Funds for: advancing housing, education, and economic opportunities for Roma and people living in deep poverty through improving their housing conditions and access to community-based social services.
Priorities and funded actions:
* To improve housing conditions of deprived Roma people living in deep poverty in poor and/or informal settlements in municipalities through holistic and participatory approaches;
* To increase and improve access of Roma and people living in deep poverty in poor and/or informal settlements to socio-educational services and health care services.
* Focus on legalization and access to utilities (electricity, water supply network, sewerage system etc);
* Updating of housing situation for Roma living in informal settlements at Municipality level
Among financed actions
* Actions which provide a coherent and comprehensive approach of housing related needs of Roma individuals and communities (i.e. a combination of activities, implemented in several stages starting from designing and/or updating and approval of the Detailed Urban Plans, followed by legalization of Roma settlements (houses) and registration of Roma land and properties etc);
* Actions that update the existing urban plans or design new plans in accordance with the current legislation in place as regards the urban development (these needs should be assessed prior to the submission of the concept note and should be accordingly described as part of the justification of the action);
* Actions, which develop new or innovative tools and services or housing related support programmes, tailored to the needs of the Roma communities and which have multiplier effect institutionally or geographically;
* Targeted social and health services, allowing Roma and poor people to be re-integrated into the national social protection systems and benefit from the community services. This activity should also support the Roma people in improving family planning and understanding better the consequences of early pregnancy;
* Enhancing the school enrolment and school graduation rate for children of Roma families and very poor families. This would entail support for education programmes, vocational and other soft skills trainings. Particular focus should be given to integrated early childhood development services and access to integrated education for children of Roma families and families in deep poverty;
* Targeted gender sensitive employment-related services, with a special focus on activation services as well as intermediation for inclusion of Roma and poor people in the existing active labour market programmes. The proposed interventions should propose working solutions for addressing the constraints associated with lack of skills and motivation and low social acceptance;
* The intervention should be concentrated on the provision of adequate conditions to make a real change in selected settlements. Roma returnees should also be included where possible;
* Actions that demonstrate a robust and substantiated approach of needs aiming at improving living conditions for Roma families through development and implementation of programms for integrated urban regeneration and elimination of harmful living conditions;
* Actions that consider the overall goals and socio-economic vision for the Municipalities’ development
* This call for proposal is a restricted call for proposal. In the first instance, only concept notes will be evaluated
* Initial duration of the action: between 30 and 48 moths
– Be a legal person;
– Be non-profit-making;
– Be a specific type of organisation such as: non-governmental organisation, public sector operator, local authority, international (inter-governmental) organisation as defined by Article 43 of the rules of application of the EU Financial Regulation;
– Be established at least 2 years before the call is launched, in the Republic of North Macedonia or in a Member State of the European Union or country covered by Article 10 of the Regulation 236/2014 laying down common rules and procedures for the implementation of the Union’s instruments for financing external action