Sectors: Co-op & Development, Enlargement, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The general objective of the present call for proposals is to support Kosovo in improving the standards of the Judiciary sector, by further strengthening the institutional framework of the penitentiary system.
Priorities and funded actions:
– to improve the standards of the probation and penitentiary system in Kosovo by strengthening the effective and efficient management of the correctional and probation services in accordance with the European Union standards and best practices.
– Strengthening the capacities of Kosovo Correctional Service (KCS) and Kosovo Probation Services (KPS)
– Strengthening the use and implementation of alternative sanctions
– Further strengthen prevention and reintegration of young offenders in contact with justice system
– Deradicalization programs in prisons
Among financed actions
– Economic unit of KCS is well established and functional
– Further professional development of KCS and KPS staff is provided
– Revision of legal framework on alternative sanctions provided
– Regional conference and seminars are held for creating network and sharing experiences for probation services
– Developing de-radicalization programs in prisons.