Sectors: Co-op & Development, Energy, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: Candidate countries, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Candidate countries : Turkey
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The overall objective is to enhance the protection of public and environment against the possible harmful effects of ionizing radiation arising from nuclear activities.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To harmonize the nuclear safety and security legislation of Turkish Atomic Energy Authority in line with EU nuclear acquis and focus on gaining EU experience in regulatory functions in the field of developing regulations and guides, review and assessment, inspection and enforcement.
1) Transposition of the EU nuclear safety and security acquis
2) Development and implementation of review and assessment procedures for licensing and permission activities
3) Improving regulatory inspection capability
4) Human Resource Management
– Review of existing Turkish legislation and preparation of gap analysis report and action plan
– Assistance to drafting by-laws, rules and regulations
– Development of effective and efficient methodologies and procedures for review and assessment of licensing documentation submitted by licensee/applicant, including (Preliminary) Safety Analysis Reports for siting, construction and operation of NPP’s.
– Review of existing Turkish regulatory inspection documents and developing new procedural manuals and guidelines on inspection
– Preparation of Nuclear Safety Department Human Resource Management System Manual
– Study Visits