Sectors: Co-op & Development, Enlargement, Justice - Security
Beneficiaries: Administrations States
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to improve the capacities of the Ministry of Internal Affairs (MOI) Albanian state police (ASP), prosecutor offices and theirs supporting structures in meeting their objectives of tackling serious and organised crime and drug trafficking in a proactive manner, and in responding to local community needs in terms of public security and border management challenges in terms of flow of migrants and asylum seekers.
Priorities and funded actions:
1) Fight against serious/organised crime, terrorism anti-corruption, financial crime (money laundering) and proactive investigation skills among law enforcement agencies – including Financial Investigation Unit – in the previously mentioned areas
2) Integrated Border Management
3) Strategic Planning and coordination for Ministry of Internal affairs, Albanian State Police , and prosecutor offices and theirs supporting structures
4) Structure, Organization, Human Resources, logistics, budgeting of Ministry of Internal affairs, Albanian State Police and prosecutor offices and theirs supporting structures
Among financed actions
– Strengthen inter-institutional/interagency and international cooperation
– Enhance investigative capacities of the new set-up structures and the existing ones; further advance special means of investigation, with attention to criminal assets, and fighting terrorism
– Strengthen the ASP anti-terrorism department at central and regional level
– Review of the structures in place and further improvement of the border security system with the aim to achieve full compliance with the EU- and Schengen-Acquis and best practices
– Enhanced technical and institutional capacity of relevant agencies in order to address the ever growing challenges
– Increase effectiveness in preventing and striking at cross-border criminal activity
– Support the structures involved in the integration process to properly respond to the challenging objectives in this regard through strengthening the capacities to draft concrete policies, strategic planning and programmed steps towards EU integration
– Support the integration structures into daily work practices regarding strategic documents, international cooperation, EU assistance and analysis
– Support the relevant structures on coordination with the other respective strategic documents
– Support to management structure and management capacity of beneficiaries
– Support human resource management, Budget and Finance Directorates
– Support to implement a “zero tolerance” policy regarding corruption and/or misuse of funds inside the ASP, prosecutor offices and theirs supporting structures and implement internal control standards