Sectors: Health, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to improve targeting of social welfare programs leading to social inclusion of disadvantaged groups and reduction of poverty.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To strengthen administrative capacities of social services providers for early identification and timely interventions to people, families and children at risk of poverty, especially children.
1) To establish poverty indicators
2) To upgrade on-line data base and to enable early identification of families and children at risk of poverty by all community based social services providers
3) To increase the capacity of social services providers to identify families at risk of poverty
4) To develop programs for increasing cultural capital and decreasing risk of poverty, especially for children,
5) To establish a framework for monitoring , programs monitored and evaluted
Among financed activites
– Conducting analysis of national documentation, social services and programs as well as at least 20 existing indicators and preparing corresponding report;
– Preparing and conducting research on poverty of school-age children and their families, including collecting data from social, education, health and other services providers through focus groups with 40 participants with respect to ongoing social services and programs and current indicators, and preparing corresponding report;
– Conducting analysis of data and developing draft poverty indicators and draft Checklist for Early Identification of Families and Children at Risk of Poverty
– Conducting analysis of the existing data base of the Ministry of Social Policy and Youth (MSPY) and preparing report with recommendations for improvements
– Upgrading data base based on the prepared recommendations
– Developing training program/materials for usage of the newly established data base (data entry and analysis)
– Collecting data on families and children at risk of poverty and including the collected data into the upgraded data base
– Testing of the prepared poverty indicators through collecting data based on the Checklist and preparing corresponding report
– Organizing and conducting training for 80 participants in total (social, education, health and other services providers) in order to strengthen their capacities for identification families at risk of poverty
– Conducting analysis of at least 20 programs for increasing cultural capital and decreasing risk of poverty and preparing report with recommendations for improvements in order to provide support for improvement of the existing community-based programs or develop new social programs in regions where they are not available
– Organizing and conducting training for 5 social welfare and other relevant experts on development and improvement of social programs
– Developing at least 2 social programs for increasing cultural capital and decreasing risk of poverty (especially children)
– Conducting analysis of the current monitoring and evaluation system and preparing report with recommendations for improvements
– Developing framework for monitoring and evaluation process of social programs
– Organizing and conducting training on monitoring and evaluation process of social programs for 15 experts from the social welfare system at national and local level