Sectors: Culture - Media, Education - Training, Enlargement, Human Rights, Information, Local development, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Candidate countries
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective is to enable civil society and Kosovo’s media sector to fulfil their role in the democratic environment; to act as independent interlocutors, to monitor public institutions, to contribute increasing accountability and transparency in policy development and decision making processes.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To support the consolidation of a tolerant, democratic culture in Kosovo by funding Civil Society and Media at local and grass roots level ;
– To strengthen the competence, transparency, effectiveness, accountability and self-governance of Civil Society and Kosovo’s media sector
– To increase capacities of grassroots civil society organisations to influence public decision making through their professional/technical inputs; and monitor the functioning of public institutions ;
– To foster the legal, institutional and political conditions for freedom of expression
Among financed actions
– Strengthening technical capacities of CSOs for sectoral analysis, civic consultation, data collection, elaboration of policy briefs and recommendations, monitoring and reporting on the implementation of strategies, primary and secondary legislation ;
– Transfer of good practices to CSOs to address issues related to environmental pollution, social exclusion affecting the most vulnerable groups, fight against corruption and education ;
– Skills development in investigative journalism and journalistic ethics; production and publication of written articles, radio and TV content; broadcast of newly developed content through regular programme structures and new media