Sectors: Economy - Finances, Environment, Trade
Beneficiaries: Civil Society Organisations
Regions: Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: Ministry of Finance and Economy of Albanie
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
IPA II – Support to civil society organizations for enhanced cooperation with State institutions in relation to the European integration process Albania – 2020
Funds for: strengthening capacities of civil society organisations in the sectors of consumer protection, environment and climate change, enhancing their role of competent, transparent, effective civil society actors that are accountable as well as enhancing interaction with state/public institutions to make a contribution to EU-related policy making in these sectors
Priorities and funded actions:
* Increase the involvement of civil society organisations and relevant stakeholders with a track record in the areas of consumer protection, environment and climate change in the process of planning acquis transposition, policy change and institutional restructuring;
* Enhance the CSOs and relevant stakeholder’s interaction and dialogue in the accession negotiations process, as well their capacities to monitor the process of European Integration through the participation in the ‘European Integration Platform of Partnership”;
* Disseminate information, sensitise local actors and the wider public, educate and mobilise local grass roots organisations and provide advocacy in the areas of consumer protection and environment and climate change
* To support civil society organisations and representatives of stakeholders with a track record of advocacy, in particular in consumer protection, environment and climate change, to strengthen their capacity and enhance interaction with state/public institutions to make a contribution to EU-related policy making
Among financed actions
* Actions that bring a direct and concrete contribution to the extensive participation of civil society organisations and representatives of stakeholders in the European Integration Platform of Partnership and encourage and support the involvement of CSOs, and grass roots organisations, in the EU accession process;
* Actions that will enhance the interaction, exchange of experience and cooperation among civil society organizations and state/public institutions at central and/or local level, including enhanced access to information on public administration services, budgeting processes, decision making, and local government functions relating to consumer protection or environment and climate change in view of EU accession;
* Actions which will increase the accountability of the government (overall public institutions) towards the EU accession process and the EU institutions;
* Actions for dissemination and sensitisation of the wider public that provide concrete examples on how the obligations deriving from the transposition of the acquis are implemented, their effect on the life of the citizens and their impact, in particular at local level, in the areas of consumer protection or environment and climate change;
* Actions that support policy analysis, capacity building, information dissemination, education and advocacy activities on the specific thematic areas of EU acquis relating to consumer protection or environment and climate change, legislation approximation process and regulatory impact assessments (RIA), costs, implications and trade-offs to protect interests of the country targeting various target groups (such as: youth, businesses, farmers, public administration at central and local level);
* Actions that support exchanges and learning experiences in the sectors of consumer protection or environment and climate change through networking and joint collaboration with civil society organizations of other countries in similar processes in the region or EU Member states
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals. In the first instance, only concept notes will be evaluated
* Initial duration of the action: between 18 and 24 months
– Be a legal person (individuals are not eligible, nor are informal alliance or initiatives without legal status);
– Be non-profit-making;
– Be a civil society organisation, such as non-governmental organisations (NGOs) with a proven track record of advocacy in consumer protection and/or environment and/or climate change;
– Be established in the Republic of Albania, or in a Member State of the European Union, in an accession or official candidate country as recognized by the European Union or in Member State of the European Economic Area;
– The CSO’s awarded through IPA 2015 Call for Proposal reference EuropeAid/161968/ID/ACT/AL are excluded from this call;
– Consortium size: up to three applicants;
– For both lots, the lead applicant must act with a co-applicant for grants of a value exceeding EUR 60,000
* Actions must take place in the Republic of Albania