Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Co-op & Development, Economy - Finances, Employment, Enlargement, Environment, Local development, Public Management, Social Affairs, Trade
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Local and Regional authorities, Research centres, Schools, Universities
Regions: Balkans, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to increase the contribution of fishery sector to the economic development of Albania by improving management and protection of fishery resources in line with the EU Common Fishery Policy.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To develop the capacity of the fishery administration to design, implement, enforce and monitor the relevant policy measures and regulations;
– To improve the sustainability of the exploitation of the fishery resources and the performance of the marine fisheries
– Institutional and implementing capacity of the fisheries administration;
– Sustainable exploitation of resources and financial instruments
Among financed actions
– Revise the existing legislation and make the necessary updating in line with recent developments of the EU CFP in an inclusive and evidence-based manner;
– Develop a properly assessed and budgeted medium-term action plan of the fishery sector which is widely consulted and aligned with the strategic priorities;
– Assess the environmental impact of the fishery sector;
– Assess investment needs related to improving the sustainability of fishery sector including production, marketing and processing of fish