Sectors: Citizenship, Culture - Media, Human Rights, Justice - Security, Public Management, Social Affairs, Telecommunications
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call aims to contribute to the strengthening of democracy in Albania, to promote freedom of expression and support media’s active participation, both at the local and national levels, in monitoring and influencing policies, legislation and decision-making processes and implementation of key reforms that would further support the country in its EU accession process
Priorities and funded actions:
– Support media organizations and journalist’s professional association’s capacities to strengthen professional standards, ethics and promote and protect the right to freedom of expression;
– Support CSOs initiatives to advocate for improved labour standards and promote laws, international standards, practices that protect freedom of opinion and expression
Among financed actions
– Advocacy for the revision of existing legislation and adoption of new legislation in accordance with the EU standards and requirements;
– Training and capacity building of public servant and service providers to increase skills and knowledge on specific issues;
– Policy research, gaps and needs analyses, opinion surveys…