Sectors: Co-op & Development, Enlargement, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The overall objective is to strengthen the implementation and operational capacity of the institutions (Phytosanitary Sector) responsible for plant health in Kosovo in order to ensure the effective control system of the harmful organisms to plant and plant products in accordance with EU Phytosanitary standards.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To upgrade and strengthen the capacity (administrative and technical) of the Phytosanitary sector for successful implementation of national and EU legislation in phytosanitary area – plant health, plant protection products, food safety, seed and propagating material, plant variety rights and inspections.
– Harmonize national implementation in the Phytosanitary area with EU legislation.
– Develop and adopt inspection and other administrative and operational procedures in the Phytosanitary area
– Set up and improved information system
Among financed actions
– Implement inspection control, prevention, administrative control, urgency and other types of measures: control of import, export and production in accordance to EU standards, information exchange with Phytosanitary directorates of other countries, custom offices and other related institutions.
– Registries developed and functional (keep records about producers, importers, exporters etc.);
– Publications issued (instructions for administrative staff, inspectors, importers, exporters, and measures against harmful organisms etc.);
– Manuals for mandatory exchange of information published;
– New software installed and functional and connected with web site;
– Staff trained