Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Co-op & Development, Environment
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: Balkans, Candidate countries, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Balkans : Republic of Serbia
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
Serbian administration effectively conducts accession negotiations and successfully manages overall EU integration and pre-accession assistance geared towards EU membership.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To improve capacity of the staff of Serbian Department for Plant Variety Registration within Plant Protection Directorate and related institutions entrusted with the task of plant variety testing to apply best practices in the area of plant variety testing and registration pursuant to EU regulations governing this area.
– Strengthen the administrative capacity needed to formulate and implement agricultural and rural development policy;
– Update legislation and strengthen implementation and controls in the areas of food safety and veterinary and phytosanitary issues;
– Expand animal identification and registration to all relevant species;
– Continue to upgrade veterinary, phytosanitary, wine and sanitary laboratories, inspectorates and controls at external borders.
Among financed actions
– Prepare the gap analysis between national legislation and EU acquis in the area of registration of agricultural plant varieties;
– Develop training manuals to be used during the trainings and after, during the regular job activities;
– Organize and carry out workshop with producers and representatives of institutes or faculties who hold samples of old domestic and domesticated varieties of grape (potential maintainer), with the aim of presenting legislation requirements and necessity and advantages of establishment of the Register of Maintainers.