Sectors: Citizenship, Culture - Media, Education - Training, Enlargement, Human Rights, Information, Justice - Security, Research
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Schools, Universities
Regions: Balkans, Candidate countries, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Candidate countries: Montenegro, Serbia, Macedonia, Turkey
Balkans: Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Kosovo
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call aims to enhance reconciliation and mutual understanding of the recent past in the Western Balkans and Turkey by means of transnational history education, objective reporting on transitional justice issues and qualitative investigative journalism.
Priorities and funded actions:
* Lot 1 (1 million euro):
– To carry out research and analysis on the last 60 years of history in the Western Balkans
* Lot 2 (300 000 euro):
– To enhance transitional justice by focused reporting on the last 25 years in the Western Balkans
* Lot 3 (450 000 euro):
– To promote and improve the visibility of qualitative investigative journalism in the Western Balkans and Turkey
* Lot 1: Produce and disseminate joint history-teaching materials, with a focus on the recent past (post World War II – today)
* Lot 2: Improve the state of reporting on transitional justice issues both producing editorial contents and empowering local media
* Lot 3: Fulfil the function of a regional facilitator/administrator to support the establishment and implementation of the award scheme over a 36 months period
Among financed actions
– Advocacy work with government
– Support of regional network
– Organisation of teacher training workshops
– Presentations and promotion of books
– Training actions, study visits, field trips and internships
– Public awareness raising campaigns
– Training workshop for Journalists
– Radio production
– TV programme production