Sectors: Co-op & Development, Enlargement, Environment, Local development, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Research centres, Schools, Universities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to stop biodiversity loss as contribution to achieve the Aichi targets for 2020, through improved management of Protected Areas stronger law enforcement.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To implement at least five existing Protected Areas Management Plans, including support to reform of protected areas management process, capacity building, law enforcement, biodiversity monitoring, supplies of necessary equipments and rehabilitation/construction of light infrastructures
– To prepare a preliminary list of potential NATURA 2000 sites for the whole country, following onsites Inventory and in view of future Natura 2000 applications, and preparation of projects proposals
– To restore people’s confidence in their administration system and the consolidation of protection of the environment and rule of law in Albania
Among financed actions
* Activities 1: Project preparation phase
– Assessment on the current status of all Protected Areas in the country
– Preparation of the project work plan
* Activities 2: Implementation of Management Plans
– Training of staff of the administration to provide best conservation performance
– Exchange study visits in neighbouring countries to get the experience of Protected Areas administration staff
– Construction of visitors centre, watch towers, sign-posts, information tables, ecological roads
– Production of information materials for visitors
* Activities 3: Activities linked with further work on identification of potential Emerald sites at national level, preparation of Natura 2000 network
– Elaboration of the preliminary list of potential NATURA 2000 sites for Albania
– Communication and visibility actions on the NATURA 200 network