Sectors: Environment, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: Candidate countries, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The overall objective of the project is to contribute to the sustainable development of the country by strengthening the administrative capacities in the field of water management and to improve water quality by supporting the implementation of the water management related legislation including Directive 2007/60/EC on the assessment and management of flood risks and Climate change.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To strengthen the administrative capacities in the area of water management by implementing the appropriate EU acquis
– To assist the national authorities in drafting the Vardar River basin management plan and in harmonising and implementing secondary legislation in the area of water monitoring and water permitting
– To strengthen water permitting system
– To draft relevant secondary legislation to ensure the implementation of EU water acquis
– To strengthen national water monitoring system
– To finalize the Varder River Basin Management Plan (VRBMP) and related Program of measures
– To strengthen administrative capacities for water management
Among financed activities
– To develop secondary legislation and technical guidance
– Tailor made training programme
– Assessment of the existing Water Monitoring system (quantity and quality) for surface and ground waters
– Upgrading and updating the existing database, the Water Information System
– Trainings and Workshops
– Study visits