Sectors: Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Health, Human Rights
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Balkans, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Mediterranean countries, New Independant States
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Balkans: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovinia, Kosovo
Mediterranean countries: Algeria, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia
New Indendant States: Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaïdjan, Belarus, Moldova, Ukriane, Russia
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This Call for Proposals aims at providing durable and sustainable solutions for Roma and Egyptian (RE) and other Internally displaced people (I/DPs) residing in the Konik area in Montenegro, both those who wish to obtain residence and opt for integration in Montenegro and those who wish to return voluntarily to their countries of origin.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Providing support in obtaining documents and resolving the legal status of residents of Konik in Montenegro who wish to integrate and assistance to those IDPs who voluntarily choose to return to Kosovo
– Providing assistance for continuation of social inclusion of RE children who attend kindergartens and primary schools, including support for RE mothers and teachers of integrated school
– Supporting access to primary healthcare for the target population
– Providing assistance to target population, with special focus on RE women, in accessing the labour market, through trainings, grant schemes and awareness-raising
– Providing support for the social integration of the target population through education and provision of literacy classes for the RE community
– The selected partner of the project must work closely with the stakeholders of the Housing Construction Component of the IPA 2011 project, which will start in mid 2014 and provide around 90 housing units for the target population. The selected partner shall also coordinate its activities with the Regional Housing Project of the Sarajevo process
Among financed actions
– Provide support to the residents of Konik to acquire status as foreigner in Montenegro, monitor and advocate with relevant local authorities.
– Provide school teachers with training in anti-discrimination and on the special needs of the RE people
– Awareness raising on health, sexual and employment issues
– Provide support to school leavers
– Train Roma health mediators
– Provide grants for small business start-ups
– Developing litteracy programmes
– Provide social and communication skills through workshops
– Provide support to people wanting to return in Kosovo