Sectors: Any fields
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Candidate countries, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Candidats countries: North Macedonia
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
IPA – Supporting the reforms in forestry – 2020
Funds for: facilitating the implementation of EU related strategies, policies and acquis in order to boost sustainable development of the Forestry sector in North Macedonia.
Priorities and funded actions:
* to provide assistance to MAFWE to progress in the reforms in the forestry sector including strategic, legal, institutional and entrepreneurial frameworks, as well as development of informational and other tools for sustainable forest management.
* Priority 1: Improvement of strategic and legal framework of the forestry sector with main focus on updating the Forestry strategy and development of new Forest law and new State forest company law;
* Priority 2: Improvement of institutional framework of the forestry sector with main focus on establishment of the Forest Agency and the restructuring and transformation of the Public Enterprise “National Forests” (PENF);
* Priority 3: Establishment of integral forest information system (IFIS) with main focus on upgrading the wood tracing and the forest management planning sub-systems, and integration of all necessary forest information components into the joint IFIS platform – as main tool for sustainable forest management (SFM) and combating illegal harvesting;
* Priority 4: Development of other instruments of SFM, i.e. for forest protection and conservation.
Among financed actions:
* Improved backgrounds of strategic framework of the forestry sector and the forest-related part of rural development taking into account the EU policies and strategies and national requirements on forestry
* Improved and harmonised backgrounds of legal framework of forestry sector and forest-related part of rural development, taking onto account the EU acquis and national requirements on forestry
* Developed the necessary backgrounds for establishing the Forest Agency and restructuring and transformation of PENF (into state-owned company of limited liability)
* Improved and established (web-based) IFIS tools and capacities for efficient management with forests and prevention of illegal harvesting
* Enhanced (some) instruments and capacities for prevention and control of biotic, abiotic and anthropogenic forest damages and for conservation of forest biodiversity.
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
Initial duration of the action: The duration of the action may not be lower than 48months nor exceed 60months
* be a legal person
* be established in EU Member States
* be mandated with the tasks to ensure the administration and management of the country forestry resources
* be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary.